Welcome to Priory Fields Doctors Surgery, where you and your family can expect the best care and attention from our Doctors, Nurses and all of our staff. We work as a team to provide all of our patients with comprehensive accessible care.
Patients from Huntingdon, Godmanchester, Brampton, The Stukeleys and Hartford are included in our Practice area and are most welcome to register. We do have limited free car parking and there is additional convenient car parking close by; please ensure however that you allow adequate time before your appointment to park your car.
We aim to make all patients feel welcome and comfortable.
|Monday||8:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am – 6:00 pm|
Our phone lines are open from 8am
Our website has a focus on providing you easy to find information to make appointments, manage prescriptions and make the most of our range of online services.
Click here for more about askmyGP
We use a system called askmyGP which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
- Available 24/7 and we respond during working hours Monday to Friday
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, secure message or video call
- If we need to see you we will usually give you a face-to-face or video appointment the same day
- Video consultations are provided by our own doctors through a secure link to your mobile, tablet or laptop for no extra charge
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
askmyGP is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need and,
- it stops the 8am rush for appointments as you can contact the practice at any time, and up to 5pm get a response, and be seen if needed the same day!
Contacting the Surgery
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will get contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, or arrange to see you the same day, or another day if that’s more convenient.
One of the great new additions to our website is a suite of Accessibility options for users requiring different fonts types and sizes, changes to the contrast and much more. To access this scroll to the bottom of any page and click the green Accessibility button.
If you are interested in helping to shape the future of the Practice please consider joining our Patient Forum.
What is the Patients Participation Group?
We have a very active and dedicated Patient Participation Group (PPG).
The PPG members help the Practice and give a critical view to how we run our Surgery, they also organise our Patient Information Evenings.
The PPG have a bi-monthly meeting to discuss anything that involves the Surgery.
For more information please contact the surgery.